Looks like NBC changed its mind and we’ll soon be off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of Oz.
Deadline reported that the 10 episode series, Emerald City, will be making its way to the small screen.
The folks at NBC are describing “Emerald City” this way: In the blink of a tornado’s eye, 20-year-old Dorothy Gale and her K9 police dog are transported to another world, one far removed from our own — a mystical land of competing kingdoms, lethal warriors, dark magic and a bloody battle for supremacy. This is the fabled Land of Oz in a way you’ve never seen before, where wicked witches don’t stay dead for long and a young girl becomes a headstrong warrior who holds the fate of kingdoms in her hands.
That all sounds really cool, but I have so many questions.
- Will there be a field of poppies?
- What about the lollipop guild?
- Are they limiting the flying just to monkeys or will be seeing other winged creatures?
- So if you drop a house of someone, they don’t stay dead?
- Most importantly, are there musical numbers?
Being a fan of the original Wizard of Oz, The Wiz and of course Wicked, I can’t wait to see this take on Dorothy and her little dog too.